Tuesday, December 8, 2009

December 8: Moment of Peace #best09

 An hour or a day or a week of solitude. What was the quality of your breath? The state of your mind? How did you get there?



This used to be me. Long, peaceful baths, candles, glass of wine, soft music and usually a good book to lull me into that satiated state of blissful nothingness. 

I dreamt about being like this:



You know, similar to Audrey Hepburn in Roman Holiday. Regal, calm, poised. It was not to be, or more to the point, I could never be. And as you may have gathered my life has turned more into this:

















Not quite the same as this:



My last moment or period of serenity?

It was very early one morning, I awoke at sunrise. Walked onto our front deck and took this:



Breathed in the crisp autumn air, gazed around me at our beautiful mountain, listened to the morning birds calling, and thought to myself:

"I must do this more often. I am so lucky to have this, and I don't stop enough to enjoy."


Have I done it since. Ah, that would be a no.




No comments: