Thursday, December 3, 2009

December 3: Article #best09

December 3 Article. What's an article that you read that blew you away? That you shared with all your friends. That you Delicious'd and reference throughout the year.





Think for yourselves and let others enjoy the privilege to do so, too.
 ~Voltaire~



Whose crazy idea was it to do this challenge? Oi, you, Living in the Coloured Rainbow ! I hold you completely responsible for this debacle - making me open up and confront my life when I was quite happily meandering in lighthearted banter-land! Hmph. Bah, humbug, how dare you make me think. Yes, I know I am an adult, and actually older by several years but do note I did not even insinuate wiser. Friends that lead you astray, I don't know. Tsk, tsk.

Day three of challenge. I am finding it difficult to think of an article. The ones which stick in my mind, or that I have heatedly debated with friends, even dragging around copies of to shake in their faces, are the ones I vehemently disagree with.

The one I which invoked my most passionate response is detailed in this blog . It is one which has lingered in the forefront of my mind in recent days as we once again face the vaccination issue. Boy 1's Godmother has just returned from the USA where the second wave of swine flu is in full rampage. Her experiences and descriptions have scared the living crap out of me, and if I was in any other genetic family I would be banging on our doctor's door screaming for the vaccination. But I cannot. The injection here contains mercury. Sure, tiny doses to stabilise the vaccine, but it is there. Lurking like a little time bomb waiting to wreak havoc on my child once again.

I am sure this will raise a very heated debate. But think on this: I love my children, some would even say I am too crazy about them. Don't you think if I could safely give them something to protect them from harm I would? Don't you? How could I ever deny anything to these two?




And how could I ever risk them again?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't blame that on me. I didn't force you to do anything. You're a big girl (and older than me), you make your own choices. Admit it, you wanted to do this challenge.

Off to think of what I've read this year.