Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Eat It All Out - or The Madmother Munching Musical

Ladies and gentlemen, before we begin tonight's presentation I give to you one of the greatest Aussie bands EVER:


Midnight Oil!

Yes, the Oils with "Read About It"


Remember the days? Play it right through, go on. Love that driving beat, the anger, the passion. True blue Oils. Shame he didn't stick to what he did best, but that's a whole other blog topic.

Now I can hear you all muttering away there:
(though your heads are still bobbing to the steady beat as the song replays again and again in your head),
what on earth does this have to do with the


Well, I'm about to tell you.

For this challenge I have decided to do something a little off centre. I could have explained in great detail the comfort foods I turn to for consolation when life throws me more curve balls than I can handle. The love affair with pizza after a bad day at work, the satisfying nights with crispy bacon and homemade chips cooked by a man who loved me and only wished to take away my sorrow about the men who didn't. I could. But I won't.



Instead I give to you, sung to the tune of Read About It
Oh, and you could always download the song, hit play
and keep it running in the background whilst you sing. I have!

Eat It All Out 

Pepperoni pizza, dripping cheese the feature
Cholesterol will hit ya when you’re older dear
Some like fine dining, others prefer wining
For beer I am pining till my order’s here
Comfort food is greasy, digestion is so easy
In the morning I’ll be queasy, hope the bathroom’s near
Bowel motions nasty, face will be pasty
Depression will be all gone and the head will clear
         and the head will clear

You better eat it all out, eat it all out
 Just another consolation binge, trying to forget him.

Cheeseburger men are fickle, kept throwing out the pickle
He sure knew how to tickle though he was so dumb
Just give me the large chips, you know some men are such pricks
Thank God I ended this bit while I am still young
Yes, I’ll have the bacon, is it crispy you’ll be makin’
My hunger I ain’t faking, crap I burnt my tongue
My tummy’s feeling nasty, need alka seltzer fast here
Depression soon forgotten and the headache's gone
                and the headache's gone

You better eat it all out, eat it all out
Food will always help you heal, come on put it all out
You better eat it all out, eat it all out
Fritters are a glorious meal, come on pig it all out

Pepperoni pizza, hot dripping cheese the feature
Cholesterol will hit ya when you’re older dear
 My stomachs really whining, others will be dining
For beer I am still pining, oh my order’s here

Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh Ooooooooohohoho
Ooooh Ooooh Ooooh Ooooooooohohoho

Ooooooooohohoho

19 comments:

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

That is so freakin' brilliant that my smile not only went from ear to ear - I think each side met at the back of my head {scary imagery non?}

Now I feel like peperoni pizza instead of the sushi I was planning!

Sharnanigans said...

hahahaha so clever!!! Well done!! I WANT PIZZA now too - thanks to you and the minister for environment !!

Kellyansapansa said...

You totally have my vote. You nearly lost me at the whole Midnight Oil thing (I like to keep my politics and my music separate), but you hooked me back in with style!

Vicki said...

I just felt my arteries harden while I was reading this.

Cathy said...

I love how you twist the challenges to fit you rather than the other way around. You always make me smile, laugh out loud or on occasion, cry. I love your style.

Madmother said...

Singing, people SINGING this! The whole idea is to download and then sing the new version at the top of your lungs! Yeah, you'll get strange looks from your family and friends, and maybe even random strangers, but you lose the effect otherwise.

Listen to Madmother peoples...

Kakka said...

Love, love, love it - best entry I have seen so far. Hugs from Perth xxx

Megan Blandford said...

That is bloody hilarious! We were singing along to The Oils the other day - my husband's favourite band - and I felt like a real bogan. Now, I still feel like a bogan but at least I'm not alone...

Unknown said...

LOL.. You tripper I LURVE IT!
Libby x

Being Me said...

Classic! "Cholesterol will hit ya when you're older dear": best line!

Jen said...

ROFL that is awesome :)

Unknown said...

Love it!!

Christie said...

You are very clever, I'm gonna go vote for you now! Classic :)

Mothership said...

Mwahahahahaha! You haz clever!!! :D

I love it. But we DON'T love Pete - remember?!?!

Just a gentle reminder that I am a karaoke bandit and the next time we hit the strip, you are SO doing that! XOX

Carly Findlay said...

Hey there
I saw your blog on Blog This! Well done on this brilliant poem - you are very clever :)
Thanks for writing and sharing.
Carly

Madmother said...

Sadly link no longer works, but the song is now on mixpod for a limited time!

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

Hahahahaha!!! Love it. OMG. Pepperoni pizza is my all time favourite food. I blogged about it on my Vegas adventures last week. Now my stupid foot is tapping and my mouth is watering in a big way. I want some New York style pepperoni pizza NOOOWWWWW. NOW!!!! (Saliva about to drop on floor in true Labrador style ... )

Comfort food is greasy, digestion is so easy
In the morning I’ll be queasy, hope the bathroom’s near

Anonymous said...

I'm an Oils fan from way back... and a fan of pizza too! Very clever. :-) Makes me hungry already.

Kel said...

That is SO clever! I love it, hilarious! Well done.
Any Midnight Oil clips, pics or songs remind me of my brother, he dances like Peter Garrett LOL