Wednesday, January 20, 2010

The Blogies!

Yep, another blog award, this time given to me by the wonderful Skipper. I am naming this one a blogie, you know... after the logies.


I guess I better do the acceptance speech thingy.




"*sniff* *sniff* You like me, you really like me! I never could have dreamt I would win this prestigious award, I didn't even know I had been nominated at first. To be recognised by one of my most respected peers... well, I just don't have the words to express my gratitude.

I am so flustered, I knew I would forget someone so I wrote a little something just in case...



A few short words of thanks, now let me see... *flip* *flip* *flip*, just bear with me for a minute. Oh, here it is.

Sending out my love tonight to

  • My mermaid girls. Mythical or not, I adore your quirkiness, strength and beauty. You know I love you all. Sometimes I so wish I was one of you hiding under the waves. Wouldn't need calm blue ocean if I was under it.


(yes, these are above my desk)
  • The professionals who have helped my family over the years. The speechies, OT's, psych's, aides, teachers, principals, lawyers (apt right now), doctors and anyone I have missed. We owe you much more than words can express, you have done so many amazing things for us.
  • My cat. It is years since I owned an animal that was solely mine. Flower, I love you as unconditionally as you love me. I even forgive the fleas.

  • My family and friends. This last year I have learned some hard lessons about people and their duplicity, about loyalty and betrayal. To those who are honourable, steadfast and true, I love you all. And thank you for your honest words and support. My family, well, you all know how much I worship all my family. My amazing kids, wonderful husband, incredible mother. Enough said.


  • The blogs, oh all the blogs who have entertained me, made me laugh, cry, write. I thank you from the bottom of my heart. And on from this, I am passing this blogie onto a further five talented bloggers. Without your inspiration or support I could never have achieved this.

  1. Pink Patent Mary Janes. I swear this poor woman must think I am a crazed stalker with the amount of comments I leave her. I wallow in her blog, drool over her photos, just enjoy the whole thing really.
  2. Barrel of Monkeez. Straight talker, no holds barred, tell you like it is gal. Love it!
  3. Whoa-Mumma! Alex makes me laugh. A lot. And she only lives a drive away - one day we shall do a blogger meet!
  4. jemikaan. Yes, I know I give her lots of awards, but she writes the way I think, and we have the same journey to follow. Hers is just a few years later than ours.
  5. Ignore Reality. Vicki makes me think, giggle, smile. A new discovery, but one I am enjoying.
And that brings me to the end of my speech. The producer has been frantically gesticulating for me to wind up for the last five minutes, and I thank you all for your patience. God bless the Bloggies!"





3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the blogie! Super cute!

And I * wipes tear from eye but is careful not to smudge mascara * accept.

Meg said...

You're hilarious!! Congrats on another award!

Epskee said...

Aww shucks, thanks love!