Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Sugar Doll Blogger Award



I think the Gods are trying to tell me something, because I have now been awarded this twice (interpreted as "Get off your arse and do something about this, you lazy woman..."). Firstly, Jacintah over at Live life now! gave it to me, and now Melissa, from The Things I'd Tell You.... has passed it on also.

So now I have to dig deep into the memory banks and find ten more random things I have not as yet blurbed all over the net.



Ten? Ten, unknown little ad hoc facts? This is the bit where I kick myself for having a big mouth and posting my stuff all over webland...




Hmmm, what can I come up with?

Think, woman, think!

 Okay, here goes:
  • I was a tomboy growing up. Guess I still am. Whilst my older sister cooked and sewed, and did girly stuff, I was mowing, edging, raping and pillaging the garden, stoking up that blazing incinerator and helping Dad in the shed. I was Dad's Boy. Really.

  • Following on from previous fact, I can re-tube a pianola! Ever seen the inside of those things? Comes from hours of sitting helping my Dad in his restoration work. In his shed. Him on one side of the mechanism, me on the other. Tube after tube after tube.


  • When I was twelve I saw AC/DC at the Civic Theatre in my little country home town. Got all their autographs, including the late great Bon Scott. And lost the damn piece of paper somewhere in one of my cleanouts! Not happy Jan!
  • For some bizarre reason, when I commenced my writing course in 2007, the instructor got it into her head that I knew exactly what creative writing was all about. She kept looking to me to validate her points, with statements such as: "You know what I mean." and "You'd know about that, wouldn't you?" when I had NEVER had any writing experience at all post school. And of course, I kept nodding as if I did...

  • In my youth I constantly changed my hair, was in hair shows, had weird and wonderful cuts and colours. Started in high school with the old pink food colouring in my strawberry blond hair for the school disco, progressed to black reverse streaks in my blonde hair, blonde bleach as my hair darkened, layers, cut short at back, left long at front (as someone commented, looked like I had been hit by an axe in the back of my head), blue streaks, purple streaks, flouro pink streaks (that was June this year). I even died it deep red once, and bought blue contact lenses - plus new makeup, new wardrobe... very expensive experiment that one was! Hated it even after 12 months, didn't look like me in the mirror.

  • I sleepwalk. Haven't for a few years, but that is more likely down to the broken nights with children, not that I have grown out of it. Have numerous funny stories I could tell, but will restrict it to a couple. When I was around twelve Wise Woman 1 and the Flame-Haired Hellraiser were in the kitchen having a late night cuppa. I walk out, smile angelicly and murmer "Fart number fourteen" turn and go back to bed. Didn't let one rip, merely made comment. The second tale is a little more embarassing. I was in my twenties, useless boyfriend of the time was staying as was his mate. I slept naked back then. Woke up looking out door of sunroom - still starkers. Having walked straight through spare bedroom where mate was, and realising I had to return the same way to get back to clothes in bedroom. I *think* he was asleep. I sure as hell hope he was asleep...

  • I used to skateboard. Blame it on Leif Garrett, or more to the point, my teenage obsession with Leif Garrett. Anyone remember the movie "Skateboard"? Boy 2 now has my skateboard. Numerous falls, but no broken bones, thank goodness. For either of us, touch wood.

Wooohoo - only three to go!
  • I am afraid of heights, but refuse to let it control me. Have done stupid things like rock climbing just to prove fear cannot and will not dictate my actions or choices.



  • I used to water ski! Managed to get onto one ski, but never conquered barefooting. Haven't skied in ten years, might have to give it another run soon.
Last but not least,
  • I am a friend collector. I have friends from all the stages of my life, childhood, school, Uni, all my various jobs, motherhood, and now my kids' school, and of course, the internet! One or maybe two, sometimes more, who have stayed in my life and been there by my side, as I am by theirs. True friends. I think the poem is right, and I am blessed to have many lifetime friends. Anytime you need me, know I am here.
People come into your life for a reason, a season or a lifetime.



When you figure out which one it is, you will know what to do for each person.


When someone is in your life for a REASON,


it is usually to meet a need you have expressed.


They have come to assist you through a difficulty;


to provide you with guidance and support;


to aid you physically, emotionally or spiritually.


They may seem like a godsend, and they are.


They are there for the reason you need them to be.
 
Then, without any wrongdoing on your part or at an inconvenient time,


this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end.


Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away.


Sometimes they act up and force you to take a stand.


What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done.


The prayer you sent up has been answered and now it is time to move on.


Some people come into your life for a SEASON,


because your turn has come to share, grow or learn.


They bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh.


They may teach you something you have never done.


They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy.


Believe it. It is real. But only for a season.


LIFETIME relationships teach you lifetime lessons;


things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation.


Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person,


and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life.


It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant.



Thank you for being a part of my life,


whether you were a reason, a season or a lifetime.


Now, to pass this on...

All of you are wonderful bloggers who I enjoy so much:

  1. Dharma at A Mermaid's Diary of Living Out Loud  - really like this woman, think we'd be irl friends if we lived closer!
  2. Pink Patent Mary Janes love her blogs.
  3. Gretchen at Cocktail Mom, found her through Gwen Bell. Enjoying her style.
  4. Sharalyn at Daily Musing of a Rainbow Life, of course.
  5. And Sally, one of my faves... a blog by any other name

And I think all others already have it so it is a short list this time!







No comments: