- This award is for the straight-shooters. The "tell it to someone who gives a fuck" bloggers who don't let the ignorant minority dictate to them. As a certain commenter from my last post put it (and something a dear friend called me a few years back) the ones who call a spade a fucking shovel!
- The receivers of the award (and I hesitiate to use the word winners as it is not some type of lame-arsed competition, it is merely a show of appreciation for the blogger who doesn't pretty up the harsh realities) do NOT have to pass it on! If you wish to, great! Means I get to find some new no-bullshit blogs. If not, meh, not my problem.
- This is not to be passed on to anyone who cannot handle the heat. You know, the bloggers who post one controversial topic, get blasted, and so delete it whilst whining "youse are all bitches" under their breath. If you write it, own it! Note: exception to this rule is if you post something in anger which hurts those you love. Not anonymous, faceless bloggers or followers, but someone you genuinely care for, and realise later when you have calmed that it was not acceptable to blog about. We have all done this at one time or another.
- This award is not to be awarded for just being nasty! It is for those blunt, honest, sometimes brutal bloggers who post from passion, not spite.
- Link me! After all I am an attention seeking bitch according to some...
Boring shit over, now on to the inaugural proceedings!
Firstly, we need a presenter, and who better than the original boss of the brutal, blunt brigade:
We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline...
You can't handle the truth!
~ Col. Jessop A Few Good Men (1992) ~
Now for the award:
I am not including pithy little remarks or cutesy summations of these sites, if you are curious go read for yourself.
- Chrissy @ I Shoulda Been a Stripper
- Kitty @ Shrinking Kitty
- Maggie @ Mind of A Mad Woman
- Epskee @ Barrel of Monkeez
That is it people - now go forth and blog.