Saturday, February 6, 2010

Tell It Like It Is Award. WARNING - NOT FOR THE FAINT-HEARTED!

I have taken a leaf out of Mel over at Sugar Coat It's blog (yeah, I know it should be book, but if I wrote book I'd have to admit to plagiarising...) and created my own award. So now all I have to do is set the rules!

  1. This award is for the straight-shooters. The "tell it to someone who gives a fuck" bloggers who don't let the ignorant minority dictate to them. As a certain commenter from my last post put it (and something a dear friend called me a few years back) the ones who call a spade a fucking shovel!
  2. The receivers of the award (and I hesitiate to use the word winners as it is not some type of lame-arsed competition, it is merely a show of appreciation for the blogger who doesn't pretty up the harsh realities) do NOT have to pass it on! If you wish to, great! Means I get to find some new no-bullshit blogs. If not, meh, not my problem.
  3. This is not to be passed on to anyone who cannot handle the heat. You know, the bloggers who post one controversial topic, get blasted, and so delete it whilst whining "youse are all bitches" under their breath. If you write it, own it! Note: exception to this rule is if you post something in anger which hurts those you love. Not anonymous, faceless bloggers or followers, but someone you genuinely care for, and realise later when you have calmed that it was not acceptable to blog about. We have all done this at one time or another.
  4. This award is not to be awarded for just being nasty! It is for those blunt, honest, sometimes brutal bloggers who post from passion, not spite.
  5. Link me! After all I am an attention seeking bitch according to some...

Boring shit over, now on to the inaugural proceedings!

Firstly, we need a presenter, and who better than the original boss of the brutal, blunt brigade:

We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline...
You can't handle the truth!
~ Col. Jessop A Few Good Men (1992) ~


Now for the award:



 I am not including pithy little remarks or cutesy summations of these sites, if you are curious go read for yourself. 
Now Epskee, I know you have objections to blog awards, but let's face it, this one is unique. You don't have to do anything, it is not a popularity thing (mind you, it could be put into the piss people off or unpopular award category, lol), and hey, I know these get under your craw... Cheeky, ain't I?

That is it people - now go forth and blog.




2 comments:

Meg said...

Well fuck me sideways! An award that really and truly sums me up :) Thanks chica! I'll display it proudly!! And I might even pass it on, even though I don't have to. I know a couple people who deserve this :)

Life In A Pink Fibro said...

That's one hell of an award. I can think of a few candidates for this one. Have you met Eden at Edenland? Http://edenriley.blogspot.com - I love her blog. She tells it exactly as it is. And then some.

Thanks for Rewinding at the Fibro.