Saturday, April 3, 2010

Thank You, and Things I should have Done Before...

Painkillers kicked in, I can sit for a while now so I'll catch up with a few things I have been slack about doing.

Firstly, a big


for all the comments in response to my sooky-la-la last post. I am not a good sick person, or injured as the case is at the moment, and do not cope well with stopping. And right now, stop I must if I wish this to mend quickly.

Secondly, have been able to comment on some blogs this morning without issue, so maybe glitch is fixed? It was several different blogs yesterday, not just one, which is what worried me.


Thirdly, I have been truly remiss in accepting awards over the last few months. And so I will try and remedy that here now. I am going to limit my pass-on lists to six otherwise it could take forever.


The lovely Jen at jemikaan awarded me the Beautiful Blogger Award a couple of weeks back, and I have slackly not accepted formally, nor followed through with the following requirements.

Here are the rules:


1. Thank the person who gave you this award.


2. Share 7 things about yourself.


3. Pass the award along to 7-9-15- however many :p bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic!


4. Contact the bloggers you've picked and let them know about the award.

Also, somewhere in the fog of the last few months I was awarded the Circle of Friends Award.

 
And I cannot find where. *Hangs head in shame* Yeah, you are all shaking your heads in disgust at my lack of appreciation, aren't you. That's okay. I'm pretty disappointed in myself too. Normally do not let things get this out of hand, but somehow I have. So if it was you who had the decency to award this to me, firstly my apologies. As it is not the first time I have done something similar I have no excuse. Please forgive me, if you can.


And, whilst trying to track the above award down, I also found that I had NEVER followed through from the said award from Mel at The Things I'd Tell You...


What can I say? There is a reason I dye my hair blonde you know!

Tackling the last first, because it is the easy way out, and because it is the oldest...

Everyone LOVES COMMENTS. It is a shame that more do no add there comment when they read, because we bloggers are usually putting some pretty personal stuff out there. I know it is our choice, but, even when the ticker is climbing, it is nice to know you are not talking in an empty room.
What is also sad is that the people I will pass this onto have probably already received it many times over. Because they are the same, constant, sharing, supportive people who comment on all the blogs they follow.

I bestow the supportive commenter award to:
To EVERY single person who comments on my blog realise I read, absorb, and appreciate EVERY time you leave a message. When things are truly bad it can be the one thing that lights up my day, and when things are good it is the icing on the cake which makes this hard-hearted old wench go all warm and fuzzy.

I am not going to bestow the circle of friends award until I can do it properly, so unless someone links me again, or else I track it down I will leave it gathering dust in the cupboard under the stairs with Harry.

And just to annoy you. This post is beginning to resemble Tolstoy's War and Peace, so I will come back with the Beautiful Blogger award in my next one.

2 comments:

Anything Fits A Naked Man said...

WOW! Look how popular you are!! Congrats on your multiple, well-deserved awards!! Now, go celebrate!!

Diminishing Lucy said...

You and your blog make me smile: you are so honest. So a thank you to you too....