Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Awards, Competitions, and Hoisting Your Own Alpaca...



As Trav seems to have dropped the ball on Memoir Mondays yet again (Trav, consistency, CONSISTENCY!) I am coming in with a bragfest general post. It has been an exciting week so far in Madmother World, and it is only Tuesday!

A lot of you would be followers of the impressive Woogsworld. You may even be one of the seventy odd (yes, and I do mean odd) people who commented in the hope of winning this little beauty:


But being one of the oddest of them all I have to brag to inform you...


Me! Who never wins anything! At last, my ability to write greeting card poems has paid off! And the truly tragic ironic moronic funny thing is - what was rhymed is all true! Even Part Deux...

So come on, accolades people. Don't make me hoist my own alpaca all by myself. I think the last thing I won may well be one of those school awards I found stashed in Wise Woman's draw yesterday.

Woohoo - go me! Now to fight off marauding children with plans for blackmail world domination one photo at a time.


So, being full of myself now feeling confident I have decided to put my hand up for Torkona's Aussie Blogger Awards. Mainly because I like the blunt, kickarse tone of Tork's blog and want some honest, brutal feedback. In other words, Tork, I ain't really in it to win it (well, yes, anyone wants to win, would like to win, but I know January has been fraught with pain and grief and totally raw emotions and is not truly representative of the Aussie Mummy blogging world), but maybe you can point me in the right direction to move forwards with this blog. 





I'm coming out of the fog and now need someone to give me clarity. Or a kick up my considerable arse.

Bowing out slowly backwards for now, hand covering said bountiful butt in case of premature arse-kicking, QEII wave perfected...

Your own


No comments: