Saturday, June 12, 2010

On The Road Again... Sorry Mel.

Apologies my friend, but it was running in my head all day yesterday too...

On the road again
Just can't wait to get on the road again
The life I love is making music with my friends
And I can't wait to get on the road again


Thanks Willie! Sooo, yes we are on the road. A lovely friend is housesitting/pet minding for us and our zoo for the next ten days and we have run away. Well, not really. I have to fulfill some business committments for the Wise Woman (for those who are new to the Madmother scene, WW is my wonderfully sprite yet frail 90-year-old mother, her brain is in top gear, I operate as her eyes and legs at times) and we decided to make a family holiday of it.

Eight hours drive later (thanks to Boy 1 panicking on the plane to the funeral a few weeks ago), we are here:

"The Manor" - Tinonee Cottages

Not a bad view to wake up to:



*Sigh*. We are only here for three nights, then off to the big smoke: SYDNEY! But the bonus in all of this is we are meandering our way slowly down the coast and catching up with some old friends we have not seen for a while.

The life I love is making music with my friends

This weekend we will see quite a few from my hometown, Monday we see Boy 1's Godmother and family on the way through Newcastle, then in Sydney we catch up with Boy 2's Godfather,


These two are not alike at all, are they? NOOOOOOO!
and then go to one of my oldest and dearest friend's house as well. The one who led me astray HERE. Please note: I have vowed not to do any bug impersonations with the kids present...

Then back up the coast to see Boy 2's Godmother and family, back here for 1 night, then we return to sunny Queensland just in time for the last week of school (Mwahahahahaha...). In a way Boy 1 has done us a favour by his freak out mid-flight, it has become far more of a family holiday and less of a business trip by becoming a road trip.

Will be taking photos as we roll...

Oh, and WELCOME to my new followers. You'll find I am a rather random and fickle blogger and topics can be serious, fun, insane and well, sometimes dull. But I will come back later and post a thank you bad poem. Maybe.

2 comments:

Kellyansapansa said...

What a wonderful trip! I'm sure you'll have a ball and can't wait to hear all about your adventures. xx

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I'd JUST gotten this freaking song off my brain! AAAARGH!

Nice to see you blogging though.