Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Friendship


It sometimes takes a good friend to point out a few home truths. She asked me about the melodrama. She asked me about the main players lives. She asked me about my feelings. Then she pointed out a few home truths. True friends do not accuse you of lying. Good friends do not let you down. Real friends do not make you feel this upset. Then she inquired: "Why are you getting caught up in the drama of it all? You have more than enough on your plate."

As usual, the wisdom of a close friend who knows, loves and accepts you for who you are, flaws and all, brings clarity.

So thank you, my friend. It is so good to have you back.

2 comments:

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

Good advice for both of us, I think Tanya.
So thank your friend for me.

I hope you're ok.

Madmother said...

She'll read it here as I sent her the link. Good friends are rare, true friends who step up even rarer.