Saturday, July 24, 2010

Big News!



I'm sorry to inform all my lovely followers and readers that I will not be posting daily for a while.


I am about to begin a masterclass at our state writers' centre which runs for six months. It is the Express Year of the Novel course, and the aim is to take your novel and either complete it or get you on the path to completion. Now, as I do not have a novel (don't worry, I checked, and this is okay so long as the idea(s) are there), this means I will have to write my rather rubenesque arse off to try and produce something credible. Which is why I will be tearing my hair out, sobbing in a corner all alone, and screaming at myself in anger over the next few weeks prior to the course commencing, and then deteriorating even further as the pressure gets to me.


So forgive me if my blogging is sporadic, I will come in and update, vent, and beg for help at various times I am sure. Just not making any promises about frequency, lol.

And yes, I'll probably be looking like this a lot.






P.S. I have an honours degree in procratination so this course may well have the opposite effect, and you'll end up with a deluge of posts.

8 comments:

Kakka said...

Go girl - what a wonderful opportunity. Just don't forget to come back some times so we don't go into withdrawal symptoms. xxx

PinkPatentMaryJanes said...

How exciting for you! Enjoy x

TheThingsIdTellYou said...

I can't begin to tell you how jealous I am. Or how certain I am that you will rock this course.

Tell us all about it as you're going along. Let me live vicariously through you, clever girl.

Justine said...

WOW how exciting!!! I second all the comments above............ will be great to ride the journey with you : )

Melissa {Suger} said...

Cool. Enjoy yourself. I can't wait to hear your fancy, trained rantings. :oP

Unknown said...

Go girl!

Wanderlust said...

How exciting!! It will be hard but very rewarding, I'm sure. Go you!

Being Me said...

Go for it! How exciting and daunting all at once. Fabulous that you have ideas for a novel, what a great way to channel them in an intensive way. Good luck!