Friday, October 21, 2011

The Rose and the End of The Year of Firsts.

This time a year ago I was sitting in a hospital next to the body of my mother. This time a year ago I was trying to say my final farewell to the woman who made me all I am.

I was wrong. She is not gone, she surrounds me every day.

Today is the end of the year of firsts.

Today I walked outside to see this:



Three months ago I bought this rose, two months ago we planted it. Today it bloomed in perfection.

She is around me and mine... this is merely one of her more blatant reminders to never forget.

I love you Mum.

6 comments:

Kimmie said...

Wow time has flown hasn't it.
Beautiful rose!

Unknown said...

what a lovely rose! and how special for it to bloom today! definately your mum is there with you!

skyelee said...

She will never leave you ... sending hugs and warm wishes :-)

E. said...

Beautiful rose and another beautiful post about your mother.

Thinking of you, your boys and Big Boy today.

Being Me said...

Perfection indeed. What an absolute beauty. Good on mum, I say xxxx

Jen said...

Beautiful rose and post MM xoxo