Wednesday, June 1, 2011

It's All About Me!

When Boy 1 was a lot younger, and I had not long joined an on-line parenting website, this was a running joke with a group of the Mums.



As parents of children of varing ages all on the autism spectrum, it was ALWAYS about them. These kids are very self-focused at times ("He bumped me, he is trying to kill me!") and in the midst of interventions and therapies and lots of stress, rushing, juggling and parenting, it was never about us, the mums.

And so it began. "It is all about me." Whenever a comment was made on msn or in posts the automatic response would be:
"Well, you know it is all about me."
"No, it is all about ME!"
"Ah, ladies, how many times do I have to tell you? It is all about ME!"

We even discussed getting shirts.



 
Can you imagine the response a bunch of grown women wearing these might get?

God, those were the days.

Oh, and you do know, don't you?

IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!

4 comments:

Suzi - Under The Windmills said...

Nah! It's all about me not you!
I have one of those all about me kids. Sigh...

Anonymous said...

So, so true, It IS, all about me.Somehow my boy hasn't figured this out, and thinks that it's all about him.

On a side note, I think we may belong to the same perenting forum, although I don't post there on a regular basis.

Madmother said...

Ah, well my username is the same as here if that gives it away, lol.

BUT, do remember, as this is MY blog, it is ALL ABOUT ME!

Lol.

Leanne @ Deep Fried Fruit said...

No MM, it's all about ME! Me, me, me, me, me ...
Except for when it's about you.
Lovely song by the way.